Description of the Saorview & UK Freeview HD Combo Kit
- For full list of the contents of this kit and options click on the "Kit Contents" tab
- This complete kit is everything you need to pick up signal from both a Saorview and Freeview transmitter, combine them and feed them into a single digital terrestrial receiver (you will have to source the appropriate Freeview HD box yourself, best to seek local professional advice on this).
The purpose of the Saorview & UK Freeview HD Kit
- There are parts of Ireland along it is possible to receive the UK Freeview HD & the new Irish Saorview channels from 2 UHF aerials and feed them into single Digtial terrestrial Receiver.
- This will mainly work along the East coast and Border areas.
- We have created this kit to accompany a technical page and Map we have created to help explain whether this is an option in your area.
- Once you confirmed that the kit should should work in your area you can buy everything you need in a single purchase but you just source a Freeview HD box that can combine the two signals yourself.
What Channels Can I get on this System
- Look at the Channels List tab for the full list of Irish Saorview and UK Freeview HD channels.
Uses of the Saorview & UK Freeview HD Combo Kit
- To combine both Ireland's Saorview Digital TV service with the Freeview HD into a single receiver
Advantages of the Saorview & Freeview HD Channels Combo Kit
- There is no need for a satellite dish - get everything from a TV Aerial(s)
- Free UK & Irish Digital TV in one receiver
- Certain Channels such as DAVE etc is on Freeview but not Freesat
- Saves buying two receivers to do the same job
- One remote control
Disadvantages of the Saorview & Freeview HD Channels Kit
- It will only work in limited areas of the country
- Not all Freeview HD receiver can sucessfully combine both freeview and soarview signal, seek local professional advice on this
- Certain areas also face interference caused by both the Saroview and Freeview transmitter broadcasting on the same frequency.
- You will need two TV Aerials
- Careful inspection of the Map (and ideally some local advice) is necessary as unlike with a satellite solution it is not a one size fits all
- You must be also careful to order exactly what you need
When Placing the order you must ....!
Add a shipping note to state if you need to change
- The default banded UHF contract Aerials
- Specify both aerials that you wish included
- The default 3537 Diplexer
- To a 5052 diplexer