In my experience Sky make it very easy to sign up to their services and in fairness they generally provide a competent technical service.
Their main failing is that Sky refuse to accept that a customer may just want to leave – and perhaps for this reason deserve to be tortured via a series automated phone menu selections before getting to sky rep who “wants to talk it through with you” which if you are not firm can last 10 minutes (or until your credit runs out).
Anyway with this in mind I have written an overview of how to Cancel Your Sky and the pitfalls to expect to face.
Steps to cancel sky
- Phone sky on 0818 719 819
- Option ’3′ – ‘Cancel or thinking of leaving us’
- Option ’5′ – ‘Thinking of leaving us’
Period on Hold
- Talk to sky assistant and request cancellation of your account (Be firm with them)
- Ensure you are entitled to Cancel Your Sky Subscritpion i.e.:
- have honoured your sky contract for at least 12 months
- have not been upgraded to sky+, HD etc in the last 12 months
- Sky will only allow the person who is named on the account cancel the subscription
- Sky normally take out 1 final payment from your account directly after you ring to cancel leaving you with 30 days before the viewing is actually cut off.