How To Cancel My Sky Subscription – Step By Step Guide From TvTrade.ie

In my experience Sky make it very easy to sign up to their services and in fairness they generally provide a competent technical service.

Their main failing is that Sky refuse to accept that a customer may just want to leave – and perhaps for this reason deserve to be tortured via a series automated phone menu selections before getting to sky rep who “wants to talk it through with you” which if you are not firm can last 10 minutes (or until your credit runs out).

Anyway with this in mind I have written an overview of how to Cancel Your Sky and the pitfalls to expect to face.

Steps to cancel sky

• Phone sky on 0818 719 819
  • Select
    • Option ’3′ – ‘Cancel or thinking of leaving us’
    • Option ’5′ – ‘Thinking of leaving us’

Period on Hold

• Talk to sky assistant and request cancellation of your account (Be firm with them)

Note:

• Ensure you are entitled to Cancel Your Sky Subscritpion i.e.:
    • have honoured your sky contract for at least 12 months
    • have not been upgraded to sky+, HD etc in the last 12 months
  • Sky will only allow the person who is named on the account cancel the subscription
  • Sky normally take out 1 final payment from your account directly after you ring to cancel leaving you with 30 days before the viewing is actually cut off.

Tags: , ,

10 Comments

1. Thanks for that. Made it easy. Will be signing up for a free to air solution soon. Thanks.

Comment by Fergal — March 4, 2011 @ 6:36 pm

2. I have just tried this – the options are now 3 and 5 gets you through, however they immediately offered to upgrade me to Sky + HD free – they clearly don’t want to lose the business …. decisions, decisions….

Comment by Lucinda — March 10, 2011 @ 9:00 pm

3. Thanks for that , have updated the guide with the new info on how to cancel your sky subscription.

Comment by David Maher — March 11, 2011 @ 8:34 am

4. They seem to be getting a bit desperate with cash back offers aswell. Might suit some folk but people seem to migrating en mass to free tv services with the way the economy is going, so it’s probably their way of getting you tied in for another year.

Comment by David Maher — March 11, 2011 @ 8:37 am

5. Paying Sky 77€ a month,some of my channells are freezing up and saying no signal been recived,talked to sky tried to sort it out trough the sky box but nothing worked, now they tell me that i have to pay 100€ to reline my dish?
    Has anyone else come across this, i have told them that i would cancel my direct debit but they dont seem to care.

Comment by FRANKIE CONNOLLY — April 5, 2011 @ 1:33 pm

6. This is a great trick by Sky tell you own the box and then whey you have a problem it is your problem as ‘your box’ is faulty. meanwhile the money keeps rolling in.

Comment by David Maher — April 5, 2011 @ 2:09 pm

7. Just wanted to ad that I just rang them to cancel SKY and it is approx 3.30pm and I was only waiting about two minutes, the last time it was about 7.30pm and I was in a queue for at least half an hour. The man I spoke to said this is usually a good time to call.

Comment by anne marie — June 2, 2011 @ 3:30 pm

8. Called 3 times and on first call lady said she had to cut call gave no reason on second call sky rep told me his screen went blank and would call me back but did not.On third call a different rep again made it difficult to cancel.Will cancel direct debit asap.

Comment by Andrew — October 8, 2011 @ 1:07 pm

9. that’s sounds about right unfortunately.

Comment by David Maher — October 10, 2011 @ 4:19 pm

10. Easy solution with sky. Just cancel your Direct Debit. They’ll call you. Trust me.

Comment by Ciaran — November 28, 2011 @ 6:20 pm

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.