Description of the 200Mbps Ethernet Home Plug Twin Adaptor
- Twin Pack Home Plug Ethernet Adaptor
- Manufacurer: TP-Link
- Pack contains:
- Homeplug units
- Ethernet cable 1.2m long
- User manual & CD
- Each Homeplug unit has:
- 3 Pin plug connection
- Ethernet port (RJ45 connection can be used as inlet / outlet)
- LED Indicators: Power LED (PWR).
- LED Indicator: Powerline Link/ACT Status LED (PL-LKACT).
- LED Indicator: Ethernet Link/ACT Status LED (ETH-LKACT)
- Dimensions: 85mm X 53mm X 30mm
- Power Supply Input Voltage : 100 - 240V
- Frequency : 50/60Hz
- N.B.: This unit is complete set - contains 2 units
- Other Specs:
- Home Plug 1.0 specification,
- IEEE 802.3 10/100 Ethernet (100Mbps) and IEEE 802.3u Fast Ethernet Compliant,
- 10/100 Mbps AutoMDI/MDIx Support, 85Mbps Home Plug 1.0 compatible Frequency Band: 4.3 Mhz to 20.9 Mhz band
- Quality of Service: Forward Error Correction (FEC) support,
- Security Support: 56 bit DES Encryption with key management
- Hardware: Intellon INT5500 Integrated Single-chip Powerline Network Transceiver.
- Platform Support: OS Independent with TCP/IP protocol installed.
How the Ethernet Home Plug Adaptor works
The Home Plug Ethernet Adaptor provides a no New Wires communications to any room, over the electricity cables, at the speed of up to 85Mbps.
A minimum of 2 homeplug adaptors are needed
- One homeplug unit connects into the router via an ethernet cable and is plugged into an electric socket
- The broadband signal travels through the electrical cabling in the wall
- The second homeplug unit is plugged into an electric socket where the broadband connection is needed and an ethernet cable is run to the PC, Printer .... which you wish to network
- Note: any homeplug can be used as either a base or a receiver, they are completely indentical
Uses of the 200Mbps Ethernet Home Plug Twin Adaptor
- The main uses of these homeplugs are where you would like to have an extra wired connection in another room of your home or office.
- to extend the range of your wireless system e.g. say you were in a big building or a building with very thick walls( older houses especially), then you may not be able to get the wirelss signal in some areas.
- Possible applications include;
- Multimedia payloads
- TV over IP
- Higher data rate boradband sharing
- Online gaming
- VOIP calls
- Extending wireless LANS coverage
- Audio / Video Transmission over a network
- Network camera connectivity
Advantages of the 200Mbps Ethernet Home Plug Twin Adaptor
- Built in Quality of Service (QOS) features
- No need to run extra wires around your home or office
- Just plugs into any standard electrical wall socket
- Can extend the range of your wireless network
- Low cost compared to getting contractor in to run extra cables
- No drilling of walls or need to run CAT5 cables throughout your home or office
- Very reliable Homeplug units from a leading manufacturer
- Easy to add on addition units
- Compatible with other manufacturers that meet the official Homeplug standards
Disadvantages of the 200Mbps Homeplugs
- You need two units to create the network
- If you are capable of running the CAT5 cabling yourself, these can be more expensive